Friday, January 16, 2009

Welcome

Well, this semester I'm trying class blogs for all of my classes instead of either BlackBoard posts or individual blogs (which I tried last semester). This will be a place for all of us to post our on-going thoughts on the reading and discussion for this course. I'll be sending out an incomplete version of the syllabus in the near future, but I wanted to get this set up for all of us.

The syllabus is incomplete primarily because Scult and I are team-teaching this course but not team teaching each meeting. Essentially, I'll be taking the first part of the semester (Kant, Hegel, Kierkegaard & Nietzsche) and Scult will take the latter part (with Heidegger & Gadamer). We figured that this will be less schizophrenic for your all although, obviously, not entirely without its schizophrenic qualities.

Posting here is part of the requirements for the course and I expect everyone to post on a regular basis (typically twice a week).

I hope that your break is going well and that your looking forward to this class. I know that I'm looking forward to our conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment