Wednesday, May 6, 2009

infinitely cool

John, I think I can conceptualize the problem you are having with infinite language. When I read the reading I thought about it in terms of math. For example, words are mere letters. Let the letters each represent a differnt number. Now that being said, there is an infinite number of possible words for us to use. I don't know if this answers your question (perhaps my impression of your question was entirely differnt than yours...than again, it is isn't it). What I found interesting or at least difficult was trying to imagine experienceing the world without language. I know that at some point early on in our life we are without language, but I find it interesting to try and imagine experiencing the world absent of language.

No comments:

Post a Comment