Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am extremely confused about Hegel's Spirit, I understand that freedom and the Spirit are somehow related. Not exactly sure but in my understanding freedom is the essence of Spirit, and the very existence of the Spirit creates freedom (this could be completely incorrect). What is Spirit though? That's partially what I am confused about, I know Spirit and freedom are either the same thing or very closely linked together, but what is Spirit? If all of history has been aimed at freedom, not of the physical but of the mind, what is necessary for this type of freedom? Does this mean that someday we will have reached some zen-like state of being and all with be right with the world?

2 comments:

  1. I think that Spirit is the "Holy Spirit" of the New Testament. One of the Triune Godhead (I got "Godhead" when I looked up "Triune" in the dictionary).

    Does that help at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is extremely helpful, now I know that it is something that I have heard of before and been taught during my years (Lutheran's get years) of confirmation.

    ReplyDelete